How to Find the Right Landscaping Service near Alexander City Alabama
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so nice and you are in need of a qualified landscaping company near Alexander City AL but have no idea how to locate one. And because you have great pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right service. Selecting the right landscaping professional will not only guarantee a much more appealing lawn or garden, but will also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, any realtor will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that are available can be as basic as having your lawn cut once a week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter season many landscaping contractors offer services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the numerous local landscaping companies can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Alexander City AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Alexander City AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Alexander City AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Alexander City AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Alexander City AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Alexander City AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Alexander City AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Alexander City AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Alexander City Alabama?
If you live in the Alexander City AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Alexander City, Alabama
Alexander City, known to locals as "Alex City", is a city in Tallapoosa County, Alabama, United States, with a population of some 14,875. It is known for Lake Martin with its 750 miles (1,210 km) of wooded shoreline and 44,000 acres (18,000 ha) of water. Lake Martin stands on the Tallapoosa River and offers boating, swimming, fishing, golfing, and camping. Many neighborhoods and luxury homes are located on the lake.
Alexander City was incorporated in 1872 as Youngsville, after its founder James Young. In 1873, the Savannah and Memphis Railroad came to the city. The city was renamed in honor of the railroad's President Edward Porter Alexander, hero of the Battle of Gettysburg for the Confederate States.
On June 13, 1902, at 1 pm, a fire broke out in the Alexander City Machine shop and destroyed much of the town. At the time, Alexander City did not have a water system and all buildings, including the telegraph office, post office and three banks were burned.
Landscape Service Alexander City AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Landscape Service. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best professional landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Alexander City AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL - HomeAdvisor
We Have 478 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Landscaping Companies. Southern Grass Cuts and Landscape, White Oak Land Management, LLC, Pender's Landscaping and Irrigation, Right Choice Contracting, Augusta Horticulture.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL 2019
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Huntsville AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 416 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Landscaping Companies. CR Lawn Care, Burruss and Sons' Lawncare, Back 2 Basics Lawn Care, Randolph Land Clearing Services, Ellis Excavation. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
11 Best Landscaping Companies - Montgomery AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 186 Homeowner Reviews of Top Montgomery Landscaping Companies. Little's Lawn Service, GandJ Contracting, Froggy Bottom Materials, McKnight's Total Landscape, LLC, Christmas Decor by Cut Right Lawns. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists!
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists! T/U Landscape Services has been providing excellent custom services to their clients for over 20 years. Our reputation is as one of the premiere Birmingham, AL area professional landscaping providers.
Landscaping Companies in Alabama - HomeAdvisor
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in Alabama. Find the Right Pro. Right Away. Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Alabama Landscape Creations :: Home
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We are a licensed dealer and installer of Bullfrog Spas. We have over ten years of experience. We have many customers who have been highly satisfied with our quality of service and professionalism ...
PROSCAPE Tuscaloosa Northport Landscape Company The Best ...
Tuscaloosa Northport West Alabama Landscape Company Builds the best outdoor living spaces, outdoor kitchens, natural stone patios, fire pits, fireplaces, retaining walls, irrigation systems, sprinkler systems, drainage problems and solutions, landscape lighting, sodding, planting shrubs, trees and f
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC | Better Business ...
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC Lawn Maintenance. This is a multi-location business. Find a location. 314 Trojan Way. Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business (334) 566-6666.