How to Hire the Right Landscaping Service near Altoona Alabama
So your yard is not looking so great and you are in need of a reputable landscaping service near Altoona AL but don’t know how to find one. And because you take enormous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right service. Choosing the right landscaping professional can not only guarantee a far more appealing yard or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available may be as limited as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter most landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the numerous area landscaping companies can take some time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to hire highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, let’s discuss how to do your due diligence when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Altoona AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Altoona AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Altoona AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Altoona AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Altoona AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Altoona AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Altoona AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Altoona AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Altoona Alabama?
If you live in the Altoona AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Altoona is a town in Etowah County (and a small portion of Blount County) in the U.S. state of Alabama. It is part of the Gadsden Metropolitan Statistical Area. At the 2010 census the population was 933.
Altoona had its start in the year 1900 as a mining town, and was named for another coal town, Altoona, Pennsylvania. A post office has been in operation at Altoona since 1900. It incorporated in 1908.
Altoona is located in western Etowah County at 34°1′45″N 86°19′14″W / 34.02917°N 86.32056°W / 34.02917; -86.32056 (34.029259, -86.320687). The town extends west into Blount County. It is located in the Murphree Valley at the base of Altoona Mountain. Straight Mountain is a small, narrow ridge which runs nearly through the center of the town. Alabama State Route 132 (Main Street) leads southwest 10 miles (16 km) to Oneonta, the Blount County seat, and northeast towards Gadsden via U.S. Route 278.
Landscaping Services Altoona AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Landscaping Services. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best qualified landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Altoona AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 17
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
9 Best Landscaping Companies - Mobile AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 199 Homeowner Reviews of Top Mobile Landscaping Companies. Baroco Excavation and Forestry Mowing, Inc., B J Electric, Ben s Lawn Care, Professional Electrical Services, Inc., Fowlers Property Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Alabama Landscape Creations | Statewide Landscape ...
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in seawalls, outdoor living spaces, natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, aquatic gardens and more. We have over 15 years of experience.
Alabama Landscapers - Alabama Landscaping Contractors ...
To help you in your search, all landscapers, landscape design-build companies and Alabama landscaping contractors listed have a link to a webpage listing detailed information about their businesses including cities they serve, contact information, services they provide, their specialties, license and insurance information, years in business and ...
24 Best Landscaping Companies - Birmingham AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 935 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Landscaping Companies. At Your Service, Lovelady Electrical Contractors, LLC, Demotte Lawn Care, Clean Cut Services, Home Ready Punchlist. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Huntsville, AL with ...
Landscape Contractors in Huntsville, AL 1. ForeverGreen. Huntsville, AL 35806 From Business: Forevergreen Landscaping is your one stop shop to do it all for... 2. Joe Webster Tree Care. From Business: Welcome to Joe Webster Tree Care, Inc.! ... 3. T N B Concrete. From Business: We specialize in ...
9 Best Landscaping Companies - Tuscaloosa AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Tuscaloosa, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 53 Homeowner Reviews of Top Tuscaloosa Landscaping Companies. Chandler Company, Earthmovers Excavation, Reyes Concrete, Mr Fix It All, LLC, Pace Excavating. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
BBB Accredited Landscape Contractors near Decatur, AL ...
BBB Accredited Landscape Contractors near Decatur, AL. BBB Start with Trust ®. Your guide to trusted BBB Ratings, customer reviews and BBB Accredited businesses.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Birmingham, AL with ...
From Business: Since 1988, Sunshine Supplies, Inc. has served Alabama and the Florida panhandle as the largest company solely dedicated to providing erosion and sediment… 11. Rain-N-Shine Irrigation & Landscape Lighting Landscape Contractors Landscaping & Lawn Services Lawn & Garden Equipment & Supplies