How to Hire the Right Landscaping Contractor near Attalla Alabama
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so nice and you really need an affordable landscaping company near Attalla AL but have no idea how to find one. And since you have great pride in your home, you want to take the time to hire the right company. Hiring the right landscaping professional will not only result in a much more appealing yard or garden, but can also add more pleasure to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as limited as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter season most landscaping contractors offer services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various local landscaping services can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to hire highly skilled and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to do your due diligence when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Attalla AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Attalla AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Attalla AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Attalla AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Attalla AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Attalla AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Attalla AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Attalla AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Attalla Alabama?
If you live in the Attalla AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
The town occupies the site of an Indian village which was of considerable importance during the Creek War. It was in Attalla that David Brown, a Cherokee assisted by the Rev. D. S. Butterick, prepared the Cherokee Spelling Book.
Attalla was not founded until 1870, on land donated by W. C. Hammond, a plantation owner. It was incorporated as a city government on February 5, 1872. The town was officially named "Attalla" in 1893, from the Cherokee language word meaning "mountain". Attalla was prosperous until the railroads that it depended on went into bankruptcy.
William Lewis Moore, a U.S. postman and white civil rights activist, was murdered here on April 23, 1963 as he tried to walk from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Jackson, Mississippi to deliver his letter in support of civil rights to Mississippi Governor Ross Barnett. The suspected murderer, Floyd Simpson, was never charged with the crime.]].
Backyard Landscape Design Attalla AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Backyard Landscape Design. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Attalla AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 12
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
Top Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL - Porch
The most trusted landscaping companies in Montgomery, AL are on Porch. They have excellent community reviews, high BBB ratings & are backed by our $1000 quality guarantee.
Alabama Landscape Creations :: Home
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We are a licensed dealer and installer of Bullfrog Spas. We have over ten years of experience. We have many customers who have been highly satisfied with our quality of service and professionalism ...
Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 178 Homeowner Reviews of Top Montgomery Landscaping Companies. G'S Lawn Service, Froggy Bottom Materials, ProScapes Outdoors, LLC, Christmas Decor by Cut Right Lawns, Crosby Electric Company, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Lawn Care and Landscaping | Sexton Lawn & Landscape
Welcome to Sexton Lawn & Landscape! Our local landscaping company is Daphne's premier specialist in residential and commercial service. We offer complete service for your home or business including lawn care, lawn maintenance, landscaping design, irrigation installation, and lawn & plant health care services.
Landscaping Mobile Al || Lawn Care Mobile Alabama ...
Landscaping Mobile al - lawn care mobile alabama - a local landscaping company in Mobile AL with over 12 years experience. Landscaping Mobile al - lawn care mobile alabama - a local landscaping company in Mobile AL with over 12 years experience. Landscaping Mobile Al. 251.377.4504. FREE QUOTE. Menu
PROSCAPE Tuscaloosa Northport Landscape Company The Best ...
Tuscaloosa Northport West Alabama Landscape Company Builds the best outdoor living spaces, outdoor kitchens, natural stone patios, fire pits, fireplaces, retaining walls, irrigation systems, sprinkler systems, drainage problems and solutions, landscape lighting, sodding, planting shrubs, trees and f
3 Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL - ThreeBestRated
Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile Handpicked Top 3 Landscaping Companies in Mobile, Alabama. They face a rigorous 50-Point Inspection, which includes customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and general excellence.You deserve the best!
Landscaping Companies in Alabama - HomeAdvisor
Find Landscaping Companies in Alabama's Largest Cities: Birmingham Landscaping Daphne Landscaping Fairhope Landscaping. Huntsville Landscaping Madison Landscaping Phenix City Landscaping. Point Clear Landscaping Silverhill Landscaping Spanish Fort Landscaping. Landscaping Companies in All Alabama Cities - Select a Letter: A ...
landscaping companies in birmingham
Serving Birmingham, Alabama, and the surrounding areas, Mountain Brook Landscaping is one of the cities leading landscaping companies in birmingham We pride ourselves in delivering consistent, excellent results to keep your property looking its best. From landscape design to regular maintenance, our comprehensive collection of great services can solve all of your landscaping needs.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL 2019
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.