How to Find the Right Landscaping Service near Bay Minette Alabama
So your lawn is not looking so attractive and you are in need of a reputable landscaping service near Bay Minette AL but have no idea how to locate one. And since you have enormous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right service. Hiring the right landscaping professional will not only guarantee a much more attractive lawn or garden, but will also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will advise you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available may be as basic as having your lawn moved once a week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter most landscaping companies provide services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the multitude of area landscaping companies can take some time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to perform your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Bay Minette AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Bay Minette AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Bay Minette AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Bay Minette AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Bay Minette AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Bay Minette AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Bay Minette AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Bay Minette AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Bay Minette Alabama?
If you live in the Bay Minette AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Bay Minette, Alabama
In the first days of Baldwin County, the town of McIntosh Bluff (now in Mobile County, west of Baldwin County) on the Tombigbee River was the county seat. After being transferred to the town of Blakeley in 1810, the county seat was later moved to the city of Daphne in 1868. In 1900, by an act of the legislature of Alabama, the county seat was authorized for relocation to the city of Bay Minette; however, the city of Daphne resisted relocation. The citizens of Bay Minette moved the county records from Daphne in the middle of the night on October 11–12, 1901 and delivered them to the city of Bay Minette - where the Baldwin County seat remains to this day. A mural for the new post office built in 1937 was commissioned by the WPA and painted by Hilton Leech, to commemorate this event.
In September 2011, the town attempted to enact a program called "Operation Restore Our Community". It would have allowed those convicted of a misdemeanor to substitute imprisonment with mandatory church attendance for one year. However, this program was challenged due to violating separation of church and state, and the program's start was delayed for judicial review. It appears to have been scrapped.
Bay Minette is located near the center of Baldwin County in southern Alabama at 30°53′0″N 87°46′38″W / 30.88333°N 87.77722°W / 30.88333; -87.77722 (30.883446, -87.777183). It is sited on high ground 5 miles (8 km) east of the Mobile River/Tensaw River valley and 6 miles (10 km) west of the Florida border formed by the Perdido River. U.S. Route 31 passes through the center of the city, leading south to Spanish Fort and northeast to Atmore. Interstate 65 passes about 5 miles (8 km) north of the city, with access from exit 34 (State Route 59) and exit 37 (State Route 287).
Grass Cutting Service Bay Minette AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Grass Cutting Service. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Bay Minette AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 26
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
3 Best Landscaping Companies in Huntsville, AL - Expert ...
113 Spacegate Drive NorthWest, Huntsville, AL 35806 Directions. Since 1991. Grounds Control is North Alabama 's leading landscape design, construction, and maintenance service. The company is a full-service landscape company offering facilities for maintenance, design, installation, irrigation, seasonal color, snow removal, and ice removal.
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC | Better Business ...
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC. Lawn Maintenance. 314 Trojan Way. Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business. (334) 566-6666. 314 Trojan Way, Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business. (334) 566...
Alabama Landscape Creations | Statewide Landscape ...
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in seawalls, outdoor living spaces, natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, aquatic gardens and more. We have over 15 years of experience.
12 Best Landscaping Companies - Mobile AL | Landscapers
Find your local pros Boykin Electric Co. Bens Lawn Care Baroco Excavation & Forestry Mowing, Inc. C4 Fowlers Property Services Professional Electrical Services, Inc. Powerworx Electrical Services, LLC B J Electric T.J Affordable Lawn Service National Site Materials Company Anthony's Construction ...
Lawn Care and Landscaping | Sexton Lawn & Landscape
Welcome to Sexton Lawn & Landscape! Our local landscaping company is Daphne's premier specialist in residential and commercial service. We offer complete service for your home or business including lawn care, lawn maintenance, landscaping design, irrigation installation, and lawn & plant health care services.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Prattville, AL with ...
Prattville, AL 36067 From Business: A-1 Tree Service & Landscaping takes pride in the quality of work we do for our customers. Our mission is to provide top notch customer service to ensure our… 5.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Auburn, AL with Reviews ...
Landscape Contractors Landscaping & Lawn Services Landscape Designers & Consultants. (334) 821-5296. 557 Temple St. Auburn, AL 36830. From Business: Serving Opelika, Auburn (Lee County), Chambers County and surrounding areas for over 20 years. Pro Lawns, Inc. Specializes in Landscaping, Irrigation and Lawn….
Landscaping Companies in Alabama
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in Alabama. By clicking Get a Quote, you affirm you have read and agree to the HomeAdvisor Terms & Conditions, and you agree and authorize HomeAdvisor and its affiliates, and their networks of Service Professionals, to deliver marketing calls or texts using automated technology to the number you provided above regarding your project and other ...
Reviews of Alabama Landscaping Companies
Post or read unbiased reviews and recommendations about Alabama based landscaping contractors. Research the top ratings and make a more informed decisions. Submit your own opinions and help others. Reviews. Sexton Lawn & Landscape. Daphne, AL (251) 626-3309. Thanks for doing an incredible job for me. The team was very professional and knowledgable.
Best 15 Landscape Contractors in Alabama | Houzz
Professional Alabama landscaping companies are your best bet to get lush, lovely grounds year round. Hire a landscaper to create and maintain a beautiful yard that complements your home and blends into its native setting. From soil, grasses and plants to decks, walkways and patios, Alabama landscape contractors are well versed in the components ...