How to Find the Right Landscaping Service near Billingsley Alabama
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so nice and you are in need of an affordable landscaping contractor near Billingsley AL but don’t know how to locate one. And since you take enormous pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right company. Picking the right landscaper will not only result in a much more appealing yard or garden, but will also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as limited as having your lawn cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need to be trimmed and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping companies offer services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various local landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly qualified and reputable landscaping contractors near you. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to do your research when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Billingsley AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Billingsley AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Billingsley AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Billingsley AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Billingsley AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Billingsley AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Billingsley AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Billingsley AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Billingsley Alabama?
If you live in the Billingsley AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
The community is located approximately 37 mi (60 km) northwest of Montgomery, 69 mi (111 km) south of Birmingham, and 69 mi (111 km) southeast of Tuscaloosa via major roads in the area (I-65 and U.S. Route 82).
As of the census of 2000, there were 116 people, 46 households, and 33 families residing in the town. The population density was 98.6 people per square mile (38.0/km2). There were 58 housing units at an average density of 49.3 per square mile (19.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 90.52% White, 6.03% Black or African American, 1.72% Native American and 1.72% Pacific Islander.
There were 46 households out of which 21.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.3% were married couples living together, 15.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.1% were non-families. 19.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 2.94.
Front Yard Landscape Design Billingsley AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Front Yard Landscape Design. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best professional landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Billingsley AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 8
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
12 Best Landscaping Companies - Mobile AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 311 Homeowner Reviews of Top Mobile Landscaping Companies. Powerworx Electrical Services, LLC, Ben s Lawn Care, New Perspective Services, Motesart Products and Services, Sawtooth Land Services, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL 2019 - Porch
Bay Minette, Alabama We are a full service landscaping company with 32yrs experience in design, maintenance and installation. We are a full service landscaping company with 32yrs experience in design, maintenance and installation. Jackson Landscaping and Tree Service
13 Best Landscaping Companies - Montgomery AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 67 Homeowner Reviews of Top Montgomery Landscaping Companies. Lake Martin Landscape Management, GMB Affordable Contractors, Froggy Bottom Materials, Pettiway Landscaping, McKnight's Total Landscape, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
22 Best Landscaping Companies - Huntsville AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 416 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Landscaping Companies. CR Lawn Care, Back 2 Basics Lawn Care, Randolph Land Clearing Services, Ellis Excavation, Veteran's Landscaping Irrigation. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists!
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists! T/U Landscape Services has been providing excellent custom services to their clients for over 20 years. Our reputation is as one of the premiere Birmingham, AL area professional landscaping providers.
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC | Better Business ...
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC Lawn Maintenance. This is a multi-location business. Find a location. 314 Trojan Way. Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business (334) 566-6666.
Landscaping Companies in Alabama - HomeAdvisor
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in Alabama. Find the Right Pro. Right Away. Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Alabama Landscape Creations :: Home
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We are a licensed dealer and installer of Bullfrog Spas. We have over ten years of experience. We have many customers who have been highly satisfied with our quality of service and professionalism ...
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL 2019
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.