How to Find the Best Landscaping Company near Cardiff Alabama
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so attractive and you are in need of an affordable landscaping contractor near Cardiff AL but don’t know how to find one. And since you have enormous pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right contractor. Picking the right landscaping professional can not only guarantee a far more attractive yard or garden, but can also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available may be as limited as having your lawn moved each week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping companies offer services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various local landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to hire highly skilled and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Cardiff AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Cardiff AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Cardiff AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Cardiff AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Cardiff AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Cardiff AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Cardiff AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Cardiff AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Cardiff Alabama?
If you live in the Cardiff AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Cardiff is a town in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States west of Gardendale. At the 2010 census the population was 55, placing it as the least-populated incorporated area in Jefferson County. It is named after the capital of Wales. It is one of four Jefferson County cities named after cities in Great Britain, the others being Birmingham, Leeds and Brighton.
Cardiff is located at 33°38′43″N 86°55′59″W / 33.64528°N 86.93306°W / 33.64528; -86.93306 (33.645384, −86.932965). on Five Mile Creek, a tributary of the Locust Fork of the Black Warrior River. It is immediately downstream of Brookside. The region is part of the Cumberland Plateau, with shallow but deeply incised stream valleys dissecting sedimentary rock, including significant seams of bituminous coal.
As of the census of 2000, there were 82 people, 33 households, and 26 families residing in the town. The population density was 401.3 people per square mile (158.3/km2). There were 38 housing units at an average density of 186.0 per square mile (73.4/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 93.90% White and 6.10% Black or African American.
Landscape Contractor Cardiff AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Landscape Contractor. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Cardiff AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 45
Bing: Alabama Landscapers Search results
Alabama Landscape Creations | Statewide Landscape ...
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We have over eighteen years of experience.
BBB Accredited Landscape Contractors near Huntsville, AL ...
Alabama Lawn Masters, Inc. Landscape Contractors, Seeding, Landscape Maintenance (256) 536-2116. 3426 9th Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805-3925. 0.2 mi. A+. Get a Quote. Capstone Lawn Care & Landscaping
Alabama Board of Examiners of Landscape Architects
Renew Online. The Alabama Board of Landscape Architects no longer mails paper copies of the renewal form. You can renew online by clicking here, or click here for a paper form. If you still need a form mailed or faxed to you, please call our office at 334-262-1351.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Auburn, AL with Reviews ...
Local Landscape Contractors in Auburn, AL. Compare expert Landscape Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
The 10 Best Landscapers in Birmingham, AL 2020 - Porch
Rossman Landscape Services is a full service landscape company. We offer a wide variety of services throughout Alabama; Including Landscape Design, Lawn Maintenance, Retaining Walls, Irrigation, and much more. Running Roots Lawn Care
The 10 Best Landscapers in Huntsville, AL 2020 - Porch
Oakman and Associates Landscape Company Huntsville, AL, 35816 (205) 564-1264 Landscaping, Residential Landscaping, Commercial Landscaping Company, Retaining Walls, Patio Paver. McKay Company LLC. Landscapers. Serves Huntsville, Alabama (2) Contact. 100% response rate. Rick's Irrigation & Landscaping.