How to Hire the Best Landscaping Service near Cook Springs Alabama
So your yard is not looking so great and you really need an affordable landscaping company near Cook Springs AL but have no idea how to locate one. And because you have great pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right contractor. Selecting the right landscaping professional can not only result in a far more appealing yard or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available may be as limited as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping companies provide services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the various local landscaping services can take some time and research on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to hire highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, we’ll cover how to perform your due diligence when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Cook Springs AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Cook Springs AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Cook Springs AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Cook Springs AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Cook Springs AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Cook Springs AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Cook Springs AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Cook Springs AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Cook Springs Alabama?
If you live in the Cook Springs AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Timothy Donald Cook (born November 1, 1960) is an American business executive and industrial engineer. Cook is the chief executive officer of Apple Inc., and previously served as the company's chief operating officer under its cofounder Steve Jobs.
Cook joined Apple in March 1998 as a senior vice president for worldwide operations, and then served as the executive vice president for worldwide sales and operations. He was made the chief executive on August 24, 2011, prior to Jobs' death in October of that year. During his tenure as the chief executive, he has advocated for the political reformation of international and domestic surveillance, cybersecurity, corporate taxation, American manufacturing, and environmental preservation.
In 2014, Cook became the first chief executive of a Fortune 500 company to publicly come out as gay. Cook also serves on the boards of directors of Nike, Inc., the National Football Foundation, and is a trustee of Duke University. In March 2015, he said he planned to donate his entire stock fortune to charity.
Lawn Sprinkler Installation Cook Springs AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Lawn Sprinkler Installation. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Cook Springs AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 41
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL - HomeAdvisor
We Have 478 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Landscaping Companies. Southern Grass Cuts and Landscape, White Oak Land Management, LLC, Pender's Landscaping and Irrigation, Right Choice Contracting, Augusta Horticulture.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL 2019
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Huntsville AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 416 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Landscaping Companies. CR Lawn Care, Burruss and Sons' Lawncare, Back 2 Basics Lawn Care, Randolph Land Clearing Services, Ellis Excavation. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
11 Best Landscaping Companies - Montgomery AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 186 Homeowner Reviews of Top Montgomery Landscaping Companies. Little's Lawn Service, GandJ Contracting, Froggy Bottom Materials, McKnight's Total Landscape, LLC, Christmas Decor by Cut Right Lawns. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists!
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists! T/U Landscape Services has been providing excellent custom services to their clients for over 20 years. Our reputation is as one of the premiere Birmingham, AL area professional landscaping providers.
Landscaping Companies in Alabama - HomeAdvisor
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in Alabama. Find the Right Pro. Right Away. Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Alabama Landscape Creations :: Home
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We are a licensed dealer and installer of Bullfrog Spas. We have over ten years of experience. We have many customers who have been highly satisfied with our quality of service and professionalism ...
PROSCAPE Tuscaloosa Northport Landscape Company The Best ...
Tuscaloosa Northport West Alabama Landscape Company Builds the best outdoor living spaces, outdoor kitchens, natural stone patios, fire pits, fireplaces, retaining walls, irrigation systems, sprinkler systems, drainage problems and solutions, landscape lighting, sodding, planting shrubs, trees and f
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC | Better Business ...
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC Lawn Maintenance. This is a multi-location business. Find a location. 314 Trojan Way. Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business (334) 566-6666.