How to Hire the Best Landscaping Contractor near Edwardsville Alabama
So your lawn is not looking so nice and you really need an affordable landscaping contractor near Edwardsville AL but don’t know how to find one. And since you take enormous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right service. Choosing the right landscaping professional will not only result in a much more attractive lawn and garden, but will also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that you have at your disposal can be as basic as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter many landscaping contractors provide services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the multitude of area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to hire highly skilled and reputable landscaping services near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, let’s discuss how to do your research when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Edwardsville AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Edwardsville AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Edwardsville AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Edwardsville AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Edwardsville AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Edwardsville AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Edwardsville AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Edwardsville AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Edwardsville Alabama?
If you live in the Edwardsville AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Edwardsville is a town in Cleburne County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 202. From 1867 to 1906, it served as the Cleburne County Seat. In 1880 and 1890, it was the most populous community in the county. It reached its population zenith of 448 in 1900 when it fell behind Heflin, to which it also lost the county seat to six years later. It has not had more than 226 persons since 1920.
As of the census of 2000, there were 186 people, 80 households, and 55 families residing in the town. The population density was 194.0 people per square mile (74.8/km2). There were 89 housing units at an average density of 92.8 per square mile (35.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.39% White, 0.54% Black or African American, and 1.08% from two or more races. 0.54% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 80 households out of which 25.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.8% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.3% were non-families. 26.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.84.
Retaining Walls Hardscapes Installation Edwardsville AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Retaining Walls Hardscapes Installation. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Edwardsville AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5