How to Hire the Right Landscaper near Millerville Alabama
So your yard is not looking so great and you really need an affordable landscaping service near Millerville AL but don’t know how to find one. And since you take tremendous pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaping professional will not only guarantee a much more appealing lawn or garden, but will also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that are available can be as basic as having your grass cut once a week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need to be trimmed and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter most landscaping contractors provide services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the various area landscaping services can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to find highly qualified and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, let’s discuss how to do your research when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Millerville AL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Millerville AL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Millerville AL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Millerville AL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Millerville AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Millerville AL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Millerville AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Millerville AL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Millerville Alabama?
If you live in the Millerville AL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Clay County, Alabama
Clay County is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama. As of the 2010 census the population was 13,932. Its county seat is Ashland. Its name is in honor of Henry Clay, famous American statesman, member of the United States Senate from Kentucky and United States Secretary of State in the 19th century. It was the last dry county in Alabama with no wet cities within its boundaries, until a vote on March 1, 2016 approved the sale of alcohol in Lineville and Ashland. 
Clay County was established on December 7, 1866, from land taken from Randolph and Talladega counties. Named after the famous statesman Henry Clay, the county seat itself was named after his estate in Lexington, Kentucky called "Ashland". The county was covered with a heavy growth of trees, and a part of the territory was occupied by the Creek Indians. The early pioneers acquired the lands by government entry and the Indian lands by public auction. The families came wholly from Fayette County, Georgia. Clay County was formed for geographic reasons. The citizens of the area had a difficult time reaching the county seat of Wedowee in Randolph County because of the Tallapoosa River to the east. Talladega was difficult to reach because of the intervening mountains. Even today, Clay County is one of only three counties in Alabama to have no U.S. highways in its boundaries. Ashland was a mining center, particularly for graphite.
As of the census of 2010, there were 13,932 people, 5,670 households, and 3,978 families residing in the county. The population density was 23 people per square mile (9/km2). There were 6,776 housing units at an average density of 11 per square mile (4/km2). The racial makeup of the county was 81.7% White(non-Hispanic), 14.8% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 1.2% from other races, and 1.7% from two or more races. 2.9% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Professional Lawn Care Millerville AL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Professional Lawn Care. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Millerville AL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5
Bing: Alabama Landscaping Companies Search results
12 Best Landscaping Companies - Mobile AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 311 Homeowner Reviews of Top Mobile Landscaping Companies. Powerworx Electrical Services, LLC, Ben s Lawn Care, New Perspective Services, Motesart Products and Services, Sawtooth Land Services, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Mobile, AL 2019 - Porch
Bay Minette, Alabama We are a full service landscaping company with 32yrs experience in design, maintenance and installation. We are a full service landscaping company with 32yrs experience in design, maintenance and installation. Jackson Landscaping and Tree Service
13 Best Landscaping Companies - Montgomery AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Montgomery, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 67 Homeowner Reviews of Top Montgomery Landscaping Companies. Lake Martin Landscape Management, GMB Affordable Contractors, Froggy Bottom Materials, Pettiway Landscaping, McKnight's Total Landscape, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
22 Best Landscaping Companies - Huntsville AL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 416 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Landscaping Companies. CR Lawn Care, Back 2 Basics Lawn Care, Randolph Land Clearing Services, Ellis Excavation, Veteran's Landscaping Irrigation. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists!
Your Birmingham Landscaping Specialists! T/U Landscape Services has been providing excellent custom services to their clients for over 20 years. Our reputation is as one of the premiere Birmingham, AL area professional landscaping providers.
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC | Better Business ...
Alabama Landscape Contractors, LLC Lawn Maintenance. This is a multi-location business. Find a location. 314 Trojan Way. Troy, AL 36081-2432. Email this Business (334) 566-6666.
Landscaping Companies in Alabama - HomeAdvisor
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in Alabama. Find the Right Pro. Right Away. Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Alabama Landscape Creations :: Home
Alabama Landscape Creations is a full service landscape business. We specialize in natural stone work, paver patios and walkways, landscaping, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and aquatic gardens. We are a licensed dealer and installer of Bullfrog Spas. We have over ten years of experience. We have many customers who have been highly satisfied with our quality of service and professionalism ...
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Birmingham, AL 2019
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.