How to Find the Best Landscaping Company near Walden Colorado
Like so many homeowners your yard is not looking so great and you really need an affordable landscaping service near Walden CO but don’t know how to locate one. And since you have great pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right service. Hiring the right landscaper will not only guarantee a far more attractive yard and garden, but can also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will advise you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available can be as limited as having your grass moved once a week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And during the winter many landscaping contractors provide services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, let’s discuss how to do your due diligence when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Walden CO homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Walden CO companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Walden CO landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Walden CO landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Walden CO contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Colorado or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Colorado Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Walden CO landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Walden CO area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Walden CO landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Walden Colorado?
If you live in the Walden CO area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
The Town of Walden is a Statutory Town that is the county seat of, and the only incorporated municipality in Jackson County, Colorado, United States. It is situated in the center of a large open valley called North Park. People from Walden and the surrounding area refer to themselves as "North Parkers". The town population was 734 at the 2000 census and reduced to 608 at the2010 census. The town sits at an elevation of 8099 feet (2469 meters) and is the only still incorporated town in the county. It was established in 1889 and was incorporated 2 December 1890. Mark A. Walden, an early postmaster, gave the community his name.
Due to its elevation, Walden has a semi-arid climate (BSk), closely bordering on a subalpine climate (Köppen climate classification Dfc). Frost can occur year-round, although there is a short frost-free period averaging just 42 days.[clarification needed]
As of the census of 2000, there were 734 people, 330 households, and 207 families residing in the town. The population density was 2,166.9 people per square mile (833.5/km²). There were 397 housing units at an average density of 1,172.0 per square mile (450.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 96.32% White, 0.14% African American, 1.36% Native American, 0.14% Asian, 0.82% from other races, and 1.23% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.95% of the population.
Best Lawn Care Walden CO
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Best Lawn Care. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top qualified landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Walden CO landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Colorado