How to Find the Right Landscaper near Southington Connecticut
Like so many homeowners your yard is not looking so nice and you really need a qualified landscaping company near Southington CT but have no idea how to find one. And because you have tremendous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right company. Hiring the right landscaping professional will not only result in a far more attractive yard or garden, but can also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, any realtor will advise you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that are available may be as basic as having your lawn moved once a week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter many landscaping companies provide services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the various local landscaping services can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to hire highly skilled and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, let’s discuss how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Southington CT homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Southington CT companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Southington CT landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Southington CT landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Southington CT contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Connecticut or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Connecticut Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Southington CT landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Southington CT area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Southington CT landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Southington Connecticut?
If you live in the Southington CT area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Southington is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, it had a population of 43,069. Southington contains the villages of Marion, Milldale, and Plantsville.
Southington is situated about 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Hartford, about 80 miles (130 km) northeast of New York City, 105 miles (169 km) southwest of Boston and 77 miles (124 km) west of Providence. It includes the areas of Plantsville, Marion and Milldale, each of which has its own post office and distinct architecture. The town rests in a valley of two mountains on its east and west sides. The town is located along exits 28 through 32 of Interstate 84, exit 4 of Interstate 691, and bisected by Connecticut Route 10. Southington has the nickname of "The Apple Valley", due to the many orchards that still dot its landscape. The Quinnipiac River flows through the town. It is home to Mount Southington ski area, which has drawn visitors since the 1960s.
Southington is located at geographical coordinates 41° 35′ 48" North, 72° 52′ 40" West (41.596588, -72.87767). According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 36.6 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 35.9 square miles (93.0 km2) are land and 0.73 square miles (1.9 km2), or 1.99%, is water.
Retaining Walls Hardscapes Installation Southington CT
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Retaining Walls Hardscapes Installation. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Southington CT landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Connecticut
Business Results 1 - 10 of 310