How to Hire the Right Landscaping Company near Seffner Florida
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so nice and you really need a reputable landscaping company near Seffner FL but have no idea how to find one. And since you take tremendous pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right contractor. Hiring the right landscaping professional can not only guarantee a far more attractive lawn or garden, but will also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as limited as having your grass cut each week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And during the winter season many landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various area landscaping services can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping companies in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Seffner FL homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Seffner FL companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Seffner FL landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Seffner FL landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Seffner FL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Florida or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Florida Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Seffner FL landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Seffner FL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Seffner FL landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Seffner Florida?
If you live in the Seffner FL area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Seffner is a census-designated place (CDP) in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. The population was 7,579 at the 2010 census, up from 5,467 at the 2000 census. ZIP codes for the Seffner area are 33584 and 33583.
Approximately 13 miles (21 km) east of downtown Tampa, Seffner serves as a suburban haven for commuters. While still characterized by towering live oak trees, strawberry farms and lakes, this small town has been growing rapidly. Housing subdivisions now dot the once rural landscape.
Seffner is located northeast of the center of Hillsborough County and is bordered by Thonotosassa to the north, Mango to the west, and Brandon to the south. Interstate 4 is the northern boundary of the CDP, and the southern boundary follows State Road 574 (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard). Plant City is 10 miles (16 km) to the east.
Garden Landscaping Seffner FL
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Garden Landscaping. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Seffner FL landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Florida
Business Results 1 - 10 of 307
Bing: Florida Landscapers Search results
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Ocala FL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Ocala, FL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 468 Homeowner Reviews of Top Ocala Landscaping Companies. Majestic eScapes, VVV Land Clearing, LLC, Joshuas Maintenance and Landscaping, DJ Directional LLC, Fagan's Lawn and Landscaping. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Florida Landscaping Today - Ideas, Guide, Plants, Lawn ...
Hello and welcome to Florida Landscaping Today I’m Kurt Kmetz Florida Lawn and Ornamental Specialist with over fifteen years experience in Florida Landscaping. I would love to pass on my experience and knowledge to help you with your landscaping needs, with tips and information I have learned and used over the years.
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Orlando FL | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Orlando, FL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 3146 Homeowner Reviews of Top Orlando Landscaping Companies. Landmark Outdoor Services, Britton Property Services, LLC, Flamingo Landscapes, Corp., Quality First Landscape, Inc., Preferred Landscapes Design and Planning, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
South Florida Landscaping Ideas - Landscape in a Box
South Florida landscaping ideas to go - with group photos of plants to make visualizing easy. Most of us would like to design our own landscaping - but we're hesitant about our ability to picture the whole thing. What plants go together in a landscape?
Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Program - University of ...
Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ (FFL) means using low-maintenance plants and environmentally sustainable practices. Learn how you can have a beautiful landscape that could save you time, energy and money while protecting our future.
Florida Landscaping Ideas - Landscaping Network
Florida yards are often landscaped in a tropical style, with palm trees and hammocks creating a resort look. Landscaping concerns specific to Florida include humidity, bugs and hurricanes. Get these tips In this section, you'll find landscaping tips on: What plants to include in a tropical garden
Florida Friendly Landscaping, Florida Plants, Florida ...
Learn about Florida-friendly plants, including Florida native plants, that require little irrigation or fertilizer, are low maintenance and attract wildlife. If you are a developer or landscaping professional, get the facts about Florida-friendly landscaping and learn how others are responding to consumer demand for low-impact yards.
Florida Ltd | Best Landscape Contractors In Waikato
Florida Ltd, a well-established landscape development industry leader operating throughout Waikato. It offers highest quality landscaping supplies and services for all your gardening and landscaping.
543 Best Florida Landscaping images in 2019 | Backyard ...
Apr 2, 2019- Explore juliethomas1's board "Florida Landscaping", followed by 577 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about Backyard landscaping, Florida landscaping and Backyard.
Guide to Florida Landscape Plants for the southern half of ...
Everything you need to know about South Florida Landscape Plants - Flower, tree, shrub and palm tree photos with descriptions, gardening how-to, the perfect guide for newbies, natives and snowbirds.