How to Hire the Best Landscaping Service near Warthen Georgia
So your lawn is not looking so attractive and you are in need of a reputable landscaping company near Warthen GA but have no idea how to locate one. And since you have great pride in your home, you want to take the time to hire the right service. Selecting the right landscaper will not only guarantee a far more attractive lawn or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as basic as having your lawn moved each week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter season many landscaping contractors offer snow removal services as well. No matter what you need, choosing from among the various local landscaping services can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly qualified and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, we’ll cover how to perform your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Warthen GA homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Warthen GA companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Warthen GA landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Warthen GA landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Warthen GA contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Georgia or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Georgia Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Warthen GA landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Warthen GA area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Warthen GA landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Warthen Georgia?
If you live in the Warthen GA area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
The Marsh-Warthen House in Lafayette, Georgia is a historic Greek Revival house that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is open as a historic house museum and events venue, and is owned by the government of Walker County, Georgia.
The Marsh-Warthen House was built in 1836, by Spencer Stewart Marsh and his wife, Ruth Terrell Brantley Marsh. The original house consisted of four rooms over four rooms with wide hallways running through the center of the building on both the upper and lower levels. A large porch with square columns was constructed on the south side of the house; a second-story balcony with a door from the upstairs hall was built over this porch. The original kitchen was in the basement, and food was brought up to the main level by a dumb waiter. The kitchen remained in the basement until about 1900, when the grandson of Spencer Marsh, Spencer Marsh Warthen, built a two-story wing on the northeast side of the house. The lower level of the new wing contained the kitchen and a large pantry, while the upper level was used as servants' quarters.
The Marsh-Warthen House is an early Greek Revival-style home and is significant as an example of a Georgian-type house with original Greek Revival-style and later Colonial Revival-style details. According to Georgia's Living Places: Historic Houses in their Landscaped Settings, a statewide context, the Georgian house was popular in Georgia's towns and cities from the early years of the 19th century well into the 20th century. The Greek Revival style, which was found more often in towns and cities, was popular from the 1840s through the 1860s. The Marsh-Warthen house is thus an early example of the Greek Revival style of architecture on the Georgia frontier. It retains many of its original stylistic features including overall symmetrical massing, low hipped roof, central-hall plan, and architectural details including prominent square Doric columns and a front door surrounded by narrow sidelights and a rectangular line of transom lights above. Due to the presence of African-American slaves on the property, the early construction date of the house, and the tradition of using slave labor in the antebellum period in Georgia, it is likely that Mr. Marsh's slaves were involved in the construction of the house.
Yard Service Warthen GA
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Yard Service. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Warthen GA landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Georgia