How to Hire the Best Landscaping Contractor near Murray Idaho
So your yard is not looking so great and you are in need of a reputable landscaping contractor near Murray ID but have no idea how to find one. And since you have enormous pride in your home, you want to take the time to hire the right contractor. Choosing the right landscaper will not only result in a much more appealing yard or garden, but will also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will advise you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that are available may be as limited as having your grass moved once a week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Or maybe your trees need to be trimmed and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping companies offer services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the multitude of area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to find highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll talk more about that later. But first, we’ll cover how to perform your due diligence when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Murray ID homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Murray ID companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Murray ID landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Murray ID landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Murray ID contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Idaho or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Idaho Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Murray ID landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Murray ID area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Murray ID landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Murray Idaho?
If you live in the Murray ID area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Brian Doyle-Murray (né Murray; born October 31, 1945) is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, and screenwriter. The older brother of actor/comedian Bill Murray, he has appeared in several films, including Caddyshack, Scrooged, Ghostbusters II, Groundhog Day, and The Razor's Edge. He co-starred on the TBS sitcom on Sullivan & Son, where he played the foul-mouthed Hank Murphy. He also appeared in the Nickelodeon animated series SpongeBob SquarePants as The Flying Dutchman, in the Cartoon Network original animated series My Gym Partner's a Monkey as Coach Tiffany Gills, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack as the surly Captain K'Nuckles, and, in a recurring role, as Don Ehlert on the ABC sitcom The Middle.
Doyle-Murray was nominated for three Emmy Awards in 1978, 1979 and 1980 for his work on Saturday Night Live in the category Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program. Two other younger brothers, Joel and John, are actors, as well. His oldest brother Ed is a businessman and brother Andy is a chef and runs the Murray Brothers "CaddyShack" restaurant located in the World Golf Village resort near St. Augustine, Florida. Doyle is his grandmother's maiden name and he chose to hyphenate it to avoid confusion with another actor.
Murray, one of nine children, was born St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, Illinois. He is the son of Lucille (née Collins), a mail room clerk, and Edward J. Murray II, a lumber salesman. His parents were Irish American and Catholic. He is the older brother of actors Bill, John and Joel. A sister, Nancy, an Adrian Dominican Sister in Michigan, travels the country portraying St. Catherine of Siena. Brian attended Saint Mary's College of California in Moraga, California, in the late 1960s.
Tree Cutting Murray ID
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Tree Cutting. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best professional landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Murray ID landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Idaho