How to Find the Right Landscaping Company near Tecumseh Kansas
Like so many homeowners your yard is not looking so attractive and you really need a reputable landscaping contractor near Tecumseh KS but don’t know how to locate one. And because you take great pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right contractor. Picking the right landscaper can not only guarantee a much more appealing yard or garden, but can also add more pleasure to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The list of services that are available can be as limited as having your grass moved each week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter season many landscaping companies provide snow removal services as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the numerous local landscaping companies can take a lot of time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly skilled and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, let’s discuss how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Tecumseh KS homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Tecumseh KS companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Tecumseh KS landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Tecumseh KS landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Tecumseh KS contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Kansas or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Kansas Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Tecumseh KS landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Tecumseh KS area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Tecumseh KS landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Tecumseh Kansas?
If you live in the Tecumseh KS area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Tecumseh dates from the 1850s when Thomas Stinson settled in the area and had a townsite platted by September 1, 1854. It was settled by pro-southern partisans in the turbulent days when Kansas was a territory. For a time it served as the pro-southern capital of the territory and prospered, even having a newspaper. The town's post office opened in March 1855. In 1886, the brick courthouse was sold for $500 and removed. Once the northern/southern political issues were settled at the conclusion of the Civil War, the village rapidly declined, and it survived as a mere ghost of itself for the next ninety years.
Construction of the Kansas Power & Light Co. power plant in 1924 and 1925. In 1958, Du Pont established a cellophane plant east of town created a renaissance of sorts. As Topeka grew in the 1950s, Tecumseh again started to grow, this time as a suburb of Topeka. The old townsite grew and numerous suburban housing subdivisions developed in the vicinity.
Tecumseh is located at 39°02′53″N 95°34′45″W / 39.04806°N 95.57917°W / 39.04806; -95.57917 (39.0480558, -95.5791453), in Section 36, Township 11 south, Range 16 east. It is situated south of the Kansas River between Tecumseh Creek to the east and Stinson Creek to the west. Contained entirely within Tecumseh Township, it is about 2 miles east of the Topeka city limits.U.S. Route 40 passes the south side of Tecumseh. A BNSF rail line—running between Lawrence and Topeka—passes north of the town between it and the river.
Lawn And Gardening Services Tecumseh KS
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Lawn And Gardening Services. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best qualified landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Tecumseh KS landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Kansas
Business Results 1 - 10 of 21
Bing: Kansas Landscaping Companies Search results
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Olathe KS | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Olathe, KS on HomeAdvisor. We Have 527 Homeowner Reviews of Top Olathe Landscaping Companies. JF Sod and Landscaping, LLC, Miller Outdoors, LLC, Customized Holiday Lighting, VS Services, LLC, Knowler Consulting. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 30 Landscape Contractors in Kansas City, MO with ...
Local Landscape Contractors in Kansas City, MO. Compare expert Landscape Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
Kansas City Landscaping Company | High Prairie Landscape Group
When it comes to landscaping and outdoor living construction in Kansas City, corner-cutting has become the norm. This motivated owner Robyn Schmitz start High Prairie Landscape Group for one reason: to provide you with professional landscaping solutions that are meant to last, beautifully.
Kansas City Commercial Landscaping, Residential ...
from Hermes Landscaping! We are a full-service landscaping and irrigation provider serving the greater Kansas City area since 1965. With the pursuit of beauty at the core of our philosophy, we are passionate about helping our customers create beautiful landscapes. Thank you for visiting our site. We invite you to explore and get to know our ...
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Kansas City MO | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Kansas City, MO on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1027 Homeowner Reviews of Top Kansas City Landscaping Companies. B and B Designs, Lee's General Contracting, Odds and Ends, Vanice Lawn and Landscape, Smoyer Trenching and Cable, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Top 10 Best Kansas City Landscaping Companies & Landscapers
Hermes is a well-established business and is one of the larger landscaping contractors in the Kansas City area. With pursuit for beauty at the core of their philosophy, this family-owned company is passionate about helping its customers create beautiful landscapes without breaking the bank.
Landscaping in Topeka, Kansas | Landscaping Company ...
Your Choice for Landscaping in Topeka, Kansas. For landscaping services you can rely on throughout Topeka, KS and surrounding areas, look to the pros at Topeka Landscape. We truly care about the aesthetic appeal and health of your home’s landscape. Our landscapers offer a wide variety of lawn maintenance services, landscaping designs, and more.
Kansas City/Landscape /Design Fountain
Kansas City Landscape is one of kansas city best Kansas City landscaping companies / Kansas City Landscape Design is a K ansas City Area Landscape Company.The most trusted landscape architects in Kansas City, MO that continues to develop as a design discipline, and to respond to the various movements in architecture / design throughout Kansas City and the 20th and 21st centuries.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Wichita, KS 2019 - Porch
Top 23 Landscaping Companies in Wichita, KS. Dreier's Lawn Irrigation and Hardscapes. Landscapers. Hesston, Kansas. Although the company began as an Irrigation business, their personalized approach has naturally expanded to include a rock query, breathe-taking landscaping and winter maintenance services to ensure every customer (residential or ...
10 Best Landscaping Companies in Kansas City, MO 2019
LawnStarter's Kansas City landscaping companies are rated 4.87 /5.0 based on 567 reviews. We ask our customers to rate each service to improve the quality of LawnStarter's landscape contractor base in Kansas City. This ensures that whether you're looking for landscape design, installations, or other landscaping work, you get only the best.