How to Hire the Right Landscaping Contractor near Sinclair Maine
Like so many homeowners your yard is not looking so great and you are in need of a qualified landscaping company near Sinclair ME but don’t know how to locate one. And since you have great pride in your home, you want to take the time to hire the right company. Selecting the right landscaper will not only guarantee a far more appealing yard and garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal can be as limited as having your grass moved each week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter season many landscaping companies provide snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the numerous area landscaping services can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly qualified and reputable landscaping contractors near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, let’s discuss how to perform your research when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Sinclair ME homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Sinclair ME companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Sinclair ME landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Sinclair ME landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Sinclair ME contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Maine or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Maine Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sinclair ME landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Sinclair ME area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sinclair ME landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Sinclair Maine?
If you live in the Sinclair ME area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Madge Dorita Sinclair (née Walters; 28 April 1938 or 1940(sources differ) – 20 December 1995) was a Jamaican actress, best known for her roles in Cornbread, Earl and Me (1975), Coming to America (1988), Trapper John, M.D. (1980-1986), and the ABC TV miniseries Roots (1977). Sinclair also voiced the character of Sarabi, Mufasa's wife and Simba's mother, in the animated feature film The Lion King. Sinclair won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress - Drama Series for her role as Empress Josephine in Gabriel's Fire in 1991.
Born Madge Dorita Walters in Kingston, Jamaica to Jamaican parents Herbert and Jemima Walters, Sinclair studied at Shortwood College for Women. After completing her studies, Sinclair worked as a teacher in Jamaica until 1966 when she left for New York to pursue her career in acting. Sinclair began acting with the New York Shakespearean Festival and at Joseph Papp's Public Theatre.
Following Roots, she starred in the 1978 film Convoy as the Widow Woman, and she played Leona Hamiltons in Cornbread, Earl and Me. Sinclair received an Emmy Award nomination for her role as Belle in the miniseries Roots. Also in 1978, she co-starred in the short-lived sitcom Grandpa Goes to Washington. Sinclair went on to a long-running stint in the 1980s as nurse Ernestine Shoop on the series Trapper John, M.D. opposite Pernell Roberts. She received three Emmy nominations for her work on the show, and critic Donald Bogle praised her for "maintaining her composure and assurance no matter what the script imposed on her". In 1988, Sinclair played Queen Aoleon alongside James Earl Jones' King Jaffe Joffer in the Eddie Murphy comedy Coming to America, which reunited her on screen with her Roots husband and co-star John Amos. Later, both Sinclair and Jones would reunite as Queen and King for the roles of Sarabi, Simba’s mother, and Mufasa, Simba’s father, in the blockbuster Disney animated film The Lion King (1994), respectively. The film became one of the best-selling titles ever on home video. It would also be her last film role. The two also collaborated on the series Gabriel's Fire, which earned Sinclair an Emmy in 1991 for Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series, famously beating out the expected winner, L.A. Law's Diana Muldaur.
Garden Installation And Maintenance Services Sinclair ME
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Garden Installation And Maintenance Services. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best qualified landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Sinclair ME landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Maine
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1
Bing: Maine Landscaping Companies Search results
MELNA – Maine Landscape and Nursery Association
The Maine Landscape & Nursery Association . is a non-profit, professional trade association with members in all aspects of the green industry. This site is the result of MELNA’s commitment toward promoting, educating and representing its members, as well as to inform and educate the people of this great state.
Best Landscaping Companies Near Me - November 2019: Find ...
Find the best Landscaping Companies near you on Yelp - see all Landscaping Companies open now. Explore other popular Home Services near you from over 7 million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from Yelpers.
Portland Maine - LANDSCAPING
ABOUT C.K.C. LANDSCAPING Who We Are. The region’s premier, full-service landscape contractor, C. K. C. Landscaping, has provided high-end design, installation, and maintenance services to its clients since 1989.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies in Bangor, ME 2019 - Porch
Bangor, Maine Based in Bangor, Jams Lawncare is a landscaping firm that offers garden maintenance, grass seeding, soil amending and more. Based in Bangor, Jams Lawncare is a landscaping firm that offers garden maintenance, grass seeding, soil amending and more.
Landscaping - Portland, Maine - LST Landscaping
LST LANDSCAPING INC. SOUTHERN MAINE'S PREMIER LANDSCAPE PROVIDER LST Landscaping Inc. has been a family owned and operated company since 1969. Our impeccable attention to detail, commitment to quality and outstanding customer service have made LST one of southern Maine's premiere landscape providers.
Davis Landscape Full Service Landscape Contractor in Maine
Davis Landscape Company, Inc. has been beautifying central and southern Maine as well as the coastal and lakes regions since 1976. We are a full service landscape design, build, and maintenance contracting company dedicated to providing the most professional, courteous, and quality landscape contracting services to our guests and clients.
20 Best Landscaping Companies - Portland ME | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Portland, ME on HomeAdvisor. We Have 273 Homeowner Reviews of Top Portland Landscaping Companies. Cutting Edge Landscapes, Clean Cut, Southern Maine Door Professionals, Fogg's Painting and Construction, Greenwood Landscaping. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Landscaping Companies Near Me (with Free ...
A landscape architect will draw the designs for your new landscape; you’ll want to hire a landscape contractor to carry out the plans. Many companies provide design-build landscaping services, with a company architect creating plans for your vision and the landscape contractor executing the vision.
Goodall Landscaping - Lawn Care & Landscaping Maine
Goodall Landscaping is Maine’s Premier Landscaping & Commercial Snow Plowing Company. We are a professional landscape company providing full lawn care and commercial snow management services for our clients.
12 Best Landscaping Companies - Gorham ME | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Gorham, ME on HomeAdvisor. We Have 364 Homeowner Reviews of Top Gorham Landscaping Companies. Compass Construction, Clean Cut, Southern Maine Door Professionals, Carver Excavating, White Rock Logging and Excavating. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.