How to Find the Right Landscaper near Rohrersville Maryland
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so attractive and you are in need of a qualified landscaping company near Rohrersville MD but have no idea how to find one. And because you take enormous pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right company. Picking the right landscaping professional will not only result in a much more attractive yard and garden, but can also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as basic as having your grass cut each week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter season most landscaping contractors provide services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the various area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to hire highly qualified and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. First, we’ll cover how to do your research when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Rohrersville MD homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Rohrersville MD companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Rohrersville MD landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Rohrersville MD landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Rohrersville MD contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Maryland or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Maryland Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Rohrersville MD landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Rohrersville MD area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Rohrersville MD landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Rohrersville Maryland?
If you live in the Rohrersville MD area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
The first settlers to arrive in the vicinity of Rohrersville began to survey land tracts in the 1730s. "Park Hall," a tract of 1,550 acres, encompassing the present village of Rohrersville, was patented in 1732 by William Parks, and resurveyed in 1766 to Alexander Grimm. Also in 1766, Frederick Rohrer, a French immigrant, settled near the present village. His sons Daniel and Samuel established a grist mill which led to the formation of the village in the 1810s and 20s. The name Rohrersville first appears in 1836.
By the 1860s, Rohrersville had grown into a bustling commercial center for the surrounding farms of Pleasant Valley. A map of 1859 shows the growing number of businesses and residences in the town. In addition to the grist mill, the town also had a thriving marble industry, and a quarry was situated nearby to serve the business of William McCoy, who founded the town's most widely known institution, the Rohrersville Cornet Band, in 1837. By 1867, Rohrersville was serviced by the Washington County Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. The rail line was started at Weverton, located at the southern end of Pleasant Valley, shortly after the Civil War, and ran through Pleasant Valley northwest to Hagerstown, where it connected to the other rail lines that converged there. The arrival of the railroad heralded a second era of prosperity for Rohrersville and many of the buildings in the village, displaying a variety of Victorian architectural styles, date to this period.
The first church in Rohrersville, a log structure open to the use of several congregations, was built in 1842 on the site of the present town cemetery. The cornerstone for the present Bethel United Methodist Church (Formerly Bethel United Brethren Church) was laid on July 24, 1871. This is the oldest house of worship standing in Rohrersville today. The former St. Mark's Lutheran Church, a brick structure built in Gothic Revival Style, was built in 1879. A second United Brethren Church was erected in the village in 1888, just down the street from Bethel Church. This congregation ceased operation in 2009 and the building has since been used by the Church of the Savior congregation. The village also had an Elementary School that operated in at least four different buildings before closing in 1978. This building is today used by the Rohrersville Ruritan Club, a community service organization, which was formed in 1952.
Landscape Edging Installation Rohrersville MD
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Landscape Edging Installation. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top professional landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Rohrersville MD landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Maryland
Business Results 1 - 10 of 196
Bing: Maryland Landscaping Services Search results
Home - Scott Landscaping
Scott Landscaping Services provides high-quality lawn care and maintenance to homes and businesses throughout Southern Maryland. We take great pride in our jobs and it shows in our work. Our goal is to deliver reliable and high-quality services, making us your go-to call for your landscaping needs.
Commercial Landscaping in DC, VA, and MD - Free Estimates
If you own commercial real estate in the Maryland, DC, or Northern Virginia area, you need a professional landscape partner to help manage your exterior image. Complete Landscaping Service is dedicated to making sure that your property receives a customized landscaping plan that addresses your specific goals.
Landscaping - MD Landscaping
About MD Landscaping We're the area's premiere landscaping company that serves eastern Idaho, western Wyoming, & southern Montana including Jackson Hole, WY , Teton Valley, ID, & Big Sky, Montana. With services ranging from heavy excavation to delicate wedding flowers, you'll find our skilled hands can accomplish the most demanding requirements beautifully.
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Rockville MD | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Rockville, MD on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2025 Homeowner Reviews of Top Rockville Landscaping Companies. Eastern Grounds Landscaping, Servin Landscaping, E. B. and Son Landscaping, LLC, Emerald Landscaping Corporation, Progressive General Landscaping, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Residential & Commercial Landscaping Service in Montgomery ...
Residential & Commercial Landscaping in Montgomery County BAM´s Landscaping plays an active role in our communities and does everything possible to help improve the way people see local landscaping companies. We distinguish ourselves from our competition by offering a more approachable and more community-oriented business.
LSI - Landscape Services
Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide complete commercial landscape management and landscape construction services to property owners, managers, general contractors, educational facilities and government agencies. We are members of the Landscape Contractors. Read more
Landscape Services - Maryland Tree Service
Maryland Tree & Landscape Service takes great care in the planting of your trees, shrubs and flowers. We will ensure they thrive in their environment and explain to you the best method for their care. Proper mulching is also important for the health of your plants. It helps control weeds and moisture, and adds nutrients to the soil.
Quality Landscape Services - Annapolis, MD
1 review of Quality Landscape Services "Contacted this company saturday night about snow removal. Company told us they would be out sunday around noon. Never showed up, called at 2pm, told their plow was down and that they would be out around 3pm.…
MD Landscaping Service - Home | Facebook
MD Landscaping Service, Decatur, IN. 138 likes. Full Service Landscape Design - Residential & Commercial