How to Find the Best Landscaping Service near Sturgis Michigan
So your lawn is not looking so great and you are in need of an affordable landscaping service near Sturgis MI but have no idea how to locate one. And because you take tremendous pride in your home, you want to take the time to hire the right company. Hiring the right landscaper can not only result in a far more attractive yard and garden, but will also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as limited as having your grass cut each week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping contractors offer services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various local landscaping services can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to hire highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to perform your due diligence when looking for a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Sturgis MI homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Sturgis MI companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Sturgis MI landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Sturgis MI landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Sturgis MI contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Michigan or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Michigan Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sturgis MI landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Sturgis MI area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sturgis MI landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Sturgis Michigan?
If you live in the Sturgis MI area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Sturgis is a city in St. Joseph County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 10,994 at the 2010 census. The city is located at the northeast corner of Sturgis Township and at the intersection of U.S. Highway 12 (US 12) and M-66. Sturgis is just off the Michigan / Indiana border and the I-80/90 Indiana Toll Road.
Sturgis is located at 41°47′57″N 85°25′09″W / 41.79917°N 85.41917°W / 41.79917; -85.41917. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.49 square miles (16.81 km2), all land.
The City owns and operates Kirsch Municipal Airport (KIRS), which is located in northeast corner of the City. Kirsch Municipal is a general aviation airport and features two runways; the primary runway is 5,200 feet long with a secondary, crosswind runway 3,457 feet long.
Install Retaining Walls Sturgis MI
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Install Retaining Walls. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top qualified landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Sturgis MI landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Michigan
Business Results 1 - 10 of 11
Bing: Michigan Landscapers Search results
Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association | Our Mission ...
Michigan’s Green Industry – Continuing to GROW! About the Industry With a combined economic impact of $5.715 billion, Michigan’s nursery, perennial plant production, Christmas tree, sod producers, landscaping and lawn care industries continue to grow!
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Detroit MI | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Detroit, MI on HomeAdvisor. We Have 571 Homeowner Reviews of Top Detroit Landscaping Companies. Quinn's Quality Lawncare Service, LLC, Ground Control Property Maintenance, LLC, Wilcox Brothers Irrigation, Co., Detroit Gardens, The Fix It Friends. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
10 Best Landscaping Companies - Jackson MI | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Jackson, MI on HomeAdvisor. We Have 60 Homeowner Reviews of Top Jackson Landscaping Companies. Caps Nursery and Landscape, Whitek Exterior Masters, LLC, Sullivan Lawn and Snow, LLC, Bill and Josh Home Improvement, Spencer Landscape and Design, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Landscaping Experts of Holland, Michigan | Bosch's Landscape
Voted as one of the top-two Best of West Michigan landscapers for many years, and recognized as an Award Winning Landscape Company by Michigan Nursery & Landscape Association, we help you enhance your outdoor environment while being sensitive to the larger environment around us—our beautiful West Michigan land, rivers, and lakes.
Todd's Services Landscaping Company
Michigan Landscaping Services We are one of the largest residential landscaping companies in Michigan, specializing in professional landscaping services including stamped concrete, brick pavers, seawalls, retaining walls and more.
Lake Michigan Landscapes - Western Michigan Landscape ...
Lake Michigan Landscapes LLC is a locally owned custom landscape design and installation company servicing the greater Southwestern Michigan area, including Berrien County and Northern Indiana. The company was founded 10 years ago on the basis of providing good customer service. We create beautiful, custom landscapes across all budget levels.