How to Find the Right Landscaper near Wyckoff New Jersey
So your lawn is not looking so great and you are in need of a reputable landscaping contractor near Wyckoff NJ but don’t know how to locate one. And because you take enormous pride in your home, you need to make sure that you hire the right company. Choosing the right landscaper will not only guarantee a much more attractive yard or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, most realtors will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The list of services that you have at your disposal can be as basic as having your grass moved once a week to having a landscape architect or designer work their magic on your yard to suit your own sense of style. Perhaps your trees need to be trimmed and your shrubs need pruning? And during the winter many landscaping companies offer services for snow removal as well. No matter what you need, picking from among the various local landscaping services can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly skilled and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your research when hiring a local contractor.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Wyckoff NJ homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Wyckoff NJ companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Wyckoff NJ landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Wyckoff NJ landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Wyckoff NJ contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in New Jersey or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the New Jersey Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Wyckoff NJ landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Wyckoff NJ area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Wyckoff NJ landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Wyckoff New Jersey?
If you live in the Wyckoff NJ area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Wyckoff is a township in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 16,696, reflecting an increase of 188 (+1.1%) from the 16,508 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 1,136 (+7.4%) from the 15,372 counted in 1990. As of the 2010 Census, Wyckoff ranked 55th in highest-income places in the United States with a population of at least 10,000 at $103,614 HHI. Statewide, Wyckoff ranked 41st among New Jersey locations by per capita income, with a per capita money income of $49,375 as of 1999, an increase of 49.1% from the $33,124 recorded in 1989.
From the mid-18th century, what is now Wyckoff was a community within Franklin Township, formed on June 1, 1797, when Saddle River Township (now Saddle Brook) was split, which consisted of most of northern Bergen County west of the Saddle River. Starting in the 1840s, several new municipalities were created from portions of Franklin Township (Pompton Township on April 10, 1797, Hohokus Township (now Mahwah) on April 9, 1849, and Ridgewood Township on March 30, 1876; remaining now the Village of Ridgewood), so that today what is now Wyckoff borders eight different communities. Wyckoff was formed as a township by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on November 2, 1926, replacing Franklin Township, based on the results of a referendum held that day. Portions of Wyckoff were ceded to Midland Park based on the results of a referendum held on June 9, 1931.
Though there is no solid historical evidence for any of the various theories, the most commonly given origin for the name Wyckoff, which was the origin accepted by the township committee when the municipality was established, is that the name is from the Lenape word wickoff, meaning "high ground", or that it is from wickok meaning "water". However, similarly named Wyckoff Heights in New York City is named after the Wyckoff family, who settled in the New York/New Jersey area when both states were part of the Dutch colony of New Netherlands. Other sources ascribe the name to Wicaugh in Malpas, England.
Lawn Care Companies Wyckoff NJ
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Lawn Care Companies. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best pre-screened landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Wyckoff NJ landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in New Jersey
Business Results 1 - 10 of 671
Bing: New Jersey Landscaping Services Search results
Elite Landscaping – Full-Service Landscape Design
Elite Landscaping seamlessly blends architecture and exterior landscape design to create beautiful surroundings that enhance a home and invite outdoor living. For more than 30 years, we've been creating beautiful surroundings for customers throughout the region.
NJ Division of Taxation - New Jersey Sales and Use
New Jersey Sales and Use. Note: Updated by Publication ANJ-4, Landscapers & New Jersey Sales Tax. Capital improvements performed by landscapers and similar businesses, as well as charges for certain defined landscaping services, have been subject to tax since October 1, 2006.
Landscape Maintenance Services | New Jersey landscaping ...
Landscape Maintenance Services is a full-service landscape company serving commercial and residential clients in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Landscape Maintenance Services | New Jersey landscaper
Landscape Maintenance is a premier full-service landscape company serving commercial and residential clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania for more than 35 years. Landscape Construction Backhoes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for excavation and grading.
Landscaping Companies in New-Jersey - HomeAdvisor.com
Find HomeAdvisor prescreened Landscaping Companies in New-Jersey. Find the Right Pro. Right Away. Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Landscaper | Landscaping Companies | Landscape Designer ...
Our fully licensed and insured designers and contractors offer a variety of New Jersey landscape design services that include: * Commercial Landscaping and Property Maintenance * Residential Property Maintenance * Outdoor Lighting * Patio and Hardscape Design * Landscaping with Brick Pavers * Blue Stone Patios * Backyard Pond Installation and Design * Retaining Walls * Water Landscape Design * Outdoor Kitchens and Stone Fireplaces.
New Jersey Landscaping Company | NJ Landscape Services
Speak with your CJL representative today about any one of these services or about adding some of these to your existing landscaping program. Shrub Pruning for retaining natural shape, plant health and rejuvenation. We have some of the best hand-pruning crews in New Jersey Landscape Design and Construction
Landscaping Services in New Jersey | Cross River Design
Cross River Design offers landscaping services in New Jersey including landscape design, planting, lighting, construction, maintenance, stonework and more.
Landscaping Services and New Jersey Sales Tax - nj.gov
Informational Guide on Landscaping Services and Sales Tax The New Jersey Sales and Use Tax Act has been amended, effective October 1, 2006, to make the sale of certain services performed by landscapers subject to New Jersey sales tax.
Landscape Services NJ - Robert Bradley Landscaping
Our New Jersey landscape services cover all bases - from weekly lawn maintenance to complete design and execution of your landscape dreams. Serving Bergen County NJ. Call Robert For A Consultation