How to Hire the Right Landscaping Service near Winton North Carolina
So your yard is not looking so great and you really need an affordable landscaping contractor near Winton NC but have no idea how to find one. And since you have enormous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right company. Selecting the right landscaper will not only guarantee a far more appealing lawn or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your outdoor summer activities. And if you should be in the market to sell your house, any realtor will tell you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that are available may be as basic as having your lawn cut each week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter most landscaping companies provide snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the various area landscaping services can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to locate highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. But first, we’ll cover how to perform your research when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Winton NC homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Winton NC companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Winton NC landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Winton NC landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Winton NC contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in North Carolina or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the North Carolina Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Winton NC landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Winton NC area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Winton NC landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Winton North Carolina?
If you live in the Winton NC area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Winton, North Carolina
Winton is a town and the county seat of Hertford County, North Carolina, United States. It is governed by the Town Council which consists of a Mayor and five Council members. The population was 769 at the 2010 census.
As of the census of 2000, there were 956 people, 373 households, and 252 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,180.6 people per square mile (455.7/km²). There were 385 housing units at an average density of 475.4 per square mile (183.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 27.62% White, 67.99% African American, 2.41% Native American, 0.63% Asian, 0.84% from other races, and 0.52% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.78% of the population.
There were 373 households out of which 31.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 34.9% were married couples living together, 29.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.2% were non-families. 28.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.91.
Mowing Services Winton NC
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Mowing Services. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top qualified landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Winton NC landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in North Carolina
Business Results 1 - 10 of 6
Bing: North Carolina Landscaping Services Search results
Gregory Poole Equipment Company - New, Used, & Rental ...
Gregory Poole is the exclusive Cat construction equipment dealer for eastern North Carolina. Trust our experts & reliable machines for your next job!
» How North Carolina Climbed over Florida as Favorite ...
May 4, 2010 and updated April 6, 2015 — Florida and Arizona have long been the favorite 2 states for retirement migration. A study from Del Webb, however, finds that the Carolinas, North and South, might have usurped FL and AZ’s traditional positions as the favorite retirement destination states.
Home - North Carolina Sod Producers Association
Information for this website and the GO GREEN BUY LOCAL campaign was produced using Federal support through grant funds provided by the USDA, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program, to the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Welcome - Lazy Weekends Landscaping - Lawn Care ...
We provide professional landscape services for our client and team to enjoy. We deploy crews throughout northeast North Carolina. This includes Edenton, Elizabeth City, Hertford, Camden, South Mills, Columbia, Creswell, Roper, Plymouth, Williamston and Windsor.