How to Hire the Best Landscaper near Rickreall Oregon
So your lawn is not looking so nice and you are in need of a reputable landscaping contractor near Rickreall OR but have no idea how to find one. And because you take tremendous pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right contractor. Picking the right landscaping professional will not only result in a much more appealing lawn and garden, but will also add more pleasure to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will advise you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that you have at your disposal can be as limited as having your lawn moved once a week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter many landscaping companies provide snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the various area landscaping companies can take a lot of time and due diligence on your part. After all, if after the work is completed you are not pleased with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to find highly qualified and reputable landscaping companies near you. We’ll cover that topic a little bit later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Rickreall OR homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Rickreall OR companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Rickreall OR landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Rickreall OR landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Rickreall OR contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Oregon or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Oregon Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Rickreall OR landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Rickreall OR area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Rickreall OR landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Rickreall Oregon?
If you live in the Rickreall OR area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Rickreall (/ˈrɪkriɔːl/ RIK-ree-awl) is an unincorporated community in Polk County, Oregon, United States. For statistical purposes, the United States Census Bureau has defined Rickreall as a census-designated place (CDP). The census definition of the area may not precisely correspond to local understanding of the area with the same name. The population of the CDP was 57 at the 2000 census. Rickreall is part of the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area. Rickreall Creek runs along the community's southern edge.
"Rickreal" post office was established in 1851 with Nathaniel Ford as postmaster. It was discontinued in 1857, but reestablished in 1866 with the spelling "Rickreall". Ford was again postmaster. The office has continued to operate to the present day. Rickreall was often referred to as Dixie during the Civil War and for some time after, because of the Southern sympathies of the local populace. Dixie was never the official name of the community or the post office.
As of the census of 2000, there were 57 people, 26 households, and 17 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 335.6 people per square mile (129.5/km²). There were 26 housing units at an average density of 153.1 per square mile (59.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.25% White, and 1.75% from two or more races.
Lawn Mowing Service Rickreall OR
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Lawn Mowing Service. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best qualified landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Rickreall OR landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Oregon
Business Results 1 - 10 of 98
Bing: Oregon Landscaping Companies Search results
The Oregon Landscape Contractors Association (OLCA) is a not-for-profit statewide professional organization that advocates for the landscape industry on local, state and national issues affecting both the profession and the world we live in. OLCA functions through the active volunteer work of our membership.
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Portland OR | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Portland, OR on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1365 Homeowner Reviews of Top Portland Landscaping Companies. Aesthetic Earth, Inc., Aspen Lawn and Sprinklers, Inc., Green Growth Landscape Maintenance, LLC, LandCrafters, LLC, Summit Landscape, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
All Oregon Landscaping | Landscaping at its Best
Our experience with All Oregon Landscaping, Inc. was everything we expected from an established, reputable full-service landscaping company. From the landscape design process through the actual planting of our landscape, every step of the way went smoothly and efficiently, on time and within budget.
Home - Green Acres Landscape Salem, Oregon
Thank you for choosing to visit our website. It is all about landscaping here! We hope that you find it helpful and that it assists you to know more about our company and how we may aid you with your unique landscape construction or landscape maintenance solution. LCB #7389 - CCB #198925
Oregon Landscape Contractors Board (LCB) : Welcome Page ...
Oregon Landscape Contractors Board home page. The 2019 legislature passed a new law (SB 935). A person holding a general contractors license with the Construction Contractors Board who is also seeking a modified phase of license with the LCB is prohibited from holding that modified phase landscape license.
State of Oregon: Landscape Contractors Board - Contractor ...
Note: This search will only return "Active," "Suspended," or "Revoked" records. If you have trouble finding the Landscape Contracting Business you are searching for, please contact the Oregon Landscape Contractor’s Board office.
GrassRoots Landscape Company - Landscaping Services ...
GrassRoots Landscaping provides professional landscape design + build and landscape maintenance services to all clients in the Eugene Oregon area. GrassRoots Landscaping provides professional landscape design + build and landscape maintenance services to all clients in the Eugene Oregon area. 541.359.9604 | [email protected] Schedule ...
Lewis Landscape Services | Portland Oregon Landscaping ...
Lewis Landscape Services has built our reputation on quality work, trust and dependability. Founded in 1996, we’ve been landscaping Portland Oregon area homes for 23 years now and provide regular weekly lawn maintenance for over 200 landscapes throughout the Beaverton Oregon, Tigard Oregon and the SW Portland / Washington County area.
Good Life Landscaping – Professional landscape artisits
Good Life Landscaping is a local landscape company rooted in Central Oregon that specializes in creating one-of-a-kind spaces for outdoor living. Inspired by the spirit and aesthetic of our unique geographic setting, we love to explore the rich connection between architecture and landscape, and celebrate outdoor living as a lifestyle.
Oregon Landscape - Portland's full service landscaping company
We are an established, full service landscaping company, serving the Portland Metro area, with a combined 40 years’ industry experience. We create landscapes that fit your budget as well as your space. Our expert team designs, installs and maintains quality landscapes for both residential and commercial properties.