How to Hire the Right Landscaping Company near Prospect Oregon
So your lawn is not looking so great and you really need a qualified landscaping company near Prospect OR but don’t know how to find one. And because you have enormous pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right service. Hiring the right landscaping professional will not only result in a much more attractive yard or garden, but can also add more pleasure to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will advise you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The list of services that you have at your disposal may be as basic as having your grass cut each week to having a landscape architect or designer transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Perhaps your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping contractors offer snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the numerous local landscaping services can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, you can’t just return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to find highly qualified and reputable landscaping services near you. We’ll talk more about that later. First, we’ll cover how to perform your due diligence when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Prospect OR homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Prospect OR companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Prospect OR landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Prospect OR landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Prospect OR contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Oregon or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Oregon Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Prospect OR landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Prospect OR area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Prospect OR landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Prospect Oregon?
If you live in the Prospect OR area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Landscaping Prospect OR
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Landscaping. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best professional landscaping companies servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Prospect OR landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Oregon
Business Results 1 - 10 of 8
Bing: Oregon Landscapers Search results
25 Best Landscaping Companies - Portland OR | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Portland, OR on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1225 Homeowner Reviews of Top Portland Landscaping Companies. Cary's Ponds Stonework and Landscaping, Aesthetic Earth, Inc., Aspen Lawn and Sprinklers, Inc., Kathryn Homes, Inc., Green Growth Landscape Maintenance, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
State of Oregon: Landscape Contractors Board - Contractor ...
Note: This search will only return "Active," "Suspended," or "Revoked" records. If you have trouble finding the Landscape Contracting Business you are searching for, please contact the Oregon Landscape Contractor’s Board office.
Home - Green Acres Landscape Salem, Oregon
Since 1992, Green Acres Landscape has been helping our clients to realize their unique landscape solutions. We design, install and maintain landscapes that help people to enjoy outdoor spaces. We deliver an experienced and individual service, with a commitment to artisanship, excellence and value.
State of Oregon: Landscape Contractors Board
Welcome to the Landscape Contractors Board of Oregon Created in 1972, the State Landscape Contractors Board (LCB) licenses landscape contracting businesses and landscape construction professionals. Landscape construction professionals must meet experience and/or education requirements and pass a competency exam. ...
About Precision Landscape. We focus on satisfying our clients and will always do everything possible to ensure your satisfaction. Our highly skilled team of landscape professionals has been caring for and building Portlanders’ landscapes since 1979. We look forward to serving you. Maintenance. Installation.
Newport Ave Landscaping and Irrigation - Bend, Oregon ...
We’ve been landscaping as well as providing lawn care and landscape maintenance in Bend and throughout Central Oregon since 2005! With over 11 years experience creating dreamscapes, we’re confident we can build the perfect solution for you.
Landscape Contractors Board Licensing - oregon.gov
Oregon’s Landscape Contractor Licensing Law, ORS 671.510-760, requires anyone who wants to call themselves a landscape construction professional or a landscape contracting business and anyone who wants to perform landscape work to have a valid landscape construction professional license and/or landscape contracting business license.
All Oregon Landscaping | Landscaping at its Best
Our experience with All Oregon Landscaping, Inc. was everything we expected from an established, reputable full-service landscaping company. From the landscape design process through the actual planting of our landscape, every step of the way went smoothly and efficiently, on time and within budget.
Welcome to OLCA The Oregon Landscape Contractors Association (OLCA) is a not-for-profit statewide professional organization that advocates for the landscape industry on local, state and national issues affecting both the profession and the world we live in. OLCA functions through the active volunteer work of our membership.
We are an established, full service landscape company, serving the Portland Metro area, with a combined 40 years’ industry experience. We create landscapes that fit your budget as well as your space. Our expert team designs, installs and maintains quality landscapes for both residential and commercial properties.