How to Find the Best Landscaping Company near Woodbury Pennsylvania
Like so many homeowners your lawn is not looking so great and you are in need of a qualified landscaping service near Woodbury PA but don’t know how to find one. And because you have great pride in your home, you want to make sure that you hire the right company. Picking the right landscaping professional will not only result in a far more appealing lawn and garden, but can also add more pleasure to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, most realtors will advise you that finding a buyer is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as limited as having your grass moved each week to having a landscape designer or architect work their magic on your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your shrubs need pruning? And in the winter most landscaping companies offer snow removal services as well. Whatever your needs, choosing from among the multitude of area landscaping companies can take some time and research on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not happy with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easy way to find highly skilled and reputable landscaping contractors near you. We’ll talk more about that later. But first, we’ll cover how to do your due diligence when looking for a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Woodbury PA homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Woodbury PA companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Woodbury PA landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Woodbury PA landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Woodbury PA contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Pennsylvania or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Woodbury PA landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Woodbury PA area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Woodbury PA landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Woodbury Pennsylvania?
If you live in the Woodbury PA area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Woodbury is located in northern Bedford County at 40°13′31″N 78°21′57″W / 40.22528°N 78.36583°W / 40.22528; -78.36583 (40.225396, -78.365744). It lies in Morrison Cove, a broad valley between Tussey Mountain to the east and Dunning Mountain to the west. Pennsylvania Route 36 passes through the community, leading north 8 miles (13 km) to Roaring Spring and south 5 miles (8 km) to Loysburg.
As of the census of 2000, there were 269 people, 104 households, and 82 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,518.5 people per square mile (944.2/km²). There were 114 housing units at an average density of 1,067.3 per square mile (400.1/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 98.88% White, 0.37% Native American, and 0.74% from two or more races.
There were 104 households, out of which 36.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.5% were married couples living together, 14.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.2% were non-families. 20.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.59 and the average family size was 2.96.
Tree And Stump Removal Woodbury PA
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Tree And Stump Removal. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the best qualified landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Woodbury PA landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Pennsylvania
Business Results 1 - 10 of 8