How to Hire the Best Landscaper near Westerly Rhode Island
Like so many homeowners your yard is not looking so attractive and you really need a qualified landscaping contractor near Westerly RI but don’t know how to find one. And because you take great pride in your home, you need to take the time to hire the right service. Choosing the right landscaper will not only result in a much more appealing lawn or garden, but can also add enjoyment to your summer outdoor activities. And if you have your home on the market, any realtor will tell you that a successful sale is all about curb appeal. The range of services that you have at your disposal may be as limited as having your lawn cut each week to having a landscape designer or architect transform your yard to match your personal sense of style. Or maybe your trees need trimming and your bushes need pruning? And in the winter season most landscaping companies provide services for snow removal as well. Whatever your needs, picking from among the multitude of local landscaping services can take some time and due diligence on your part. After all, if you ultimately are not pleased with the results, it’s not like you can return your yard for a refund. However, there is an easier way to hire highly qualified and reputable landscaping services in your area. We’ll talk more about that later. First, we’ll cover how to do your research when hiring a local service.
Not Just Lawn Mowing
For many Westerly RI homeowners, their first introduction to a landscaping company is when they are looking for a service to mow their lawn. From there that need often develops into requiring a full service landscaper that can offer a broad menu of services. Even in the fall and winter months, the need can continue with leaf removal for the lawn as well as snow removal for driveways and sidewalks. So it is important to select a contractor that offers the wide range of services that you will need. Many will list the array of services they offer on their websites, providing colorful pictures of projects that they have worked on. Checking out their sites can be a good initial first step to finding the perfect match. An option that is becoming more popular is to use a referral service that matches the customer with experienced and screened landscaping contractors that work in their area. Some of the services that homeowners can receive proposals for include:
- Lawn mowing and maintenance
- Weed elimination and control
- Tree trimming and removal
- Bush and shrub trimming and pruning
- Sprinkler installation and repair
- Sod installation and grass seeding
- Tree, plant, bush and shrub planting
- Water features installation and maintenance
- Snow and leaf removal
Some Westerly RI companies may offer additional services, such as installing outdoor lighting or brick patios and retaining walls. When making your inquiries, you will want to confirm that their main focus is either residential or commercial landscaping, depending on your needs. Also, if you have a unique project, such as a water feature, make sure that the landscaper has extensive experience installing them. Finally, you may want to inquire about seasonal contracts for your annual lawn care needs as well as fall leaf and winter snow removal.
How to Choose a Local Landscaping Contractor
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable contractor for landscaping at your home or place of business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for licensed contractors. Although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact when you are looking for restitution, which you may or may not receive. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable Westerly RI landscaping expert to maintain your lawn, garden or shrubberies.
- Get Referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional Westerly RI landscaping contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors. They ensure that the contractors are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free quotes from local landscapers in your area by requesting a quote from the recommended service on this website.
- Be sure to verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Westerly RI contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Rhode Island or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Rhode Island Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the Contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Westerly RI landscaping contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- Ask for and check References. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Westerly RI area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their utmost satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use the contractor again or recommend their service to their friends and family?
- And finally, get everything In Writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Westerly RI landscaping contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required for installation projects. Make sure that all services, materials and costs are included in detail in the final proposal. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Looking for Landscapers in Westerly Rhode Island?
If you live in the Westerly RI area and are looking for a professional landscaping service, the following information may be both interesting and informative regarding the history of your place of residence.
Westerly, Rhode Island
Westerly is a town on the southwestern shoreline of Washington County, Rhode Island, first settled by English colonists in 1661 and incorporated as a municipality in 1669. It is a beachfront community on the south shore of the state with a population of 22,787 as of the 2010 census.
The Pawcatuck River flows on the western border of Westerly and was once renowned for its own species of Westerly salmon, three of which are on the town's official seal. The river flows from 15 mi (24 km) inland, emptying into Little Narragansett Bay. It also serves as the boundary between Westerly and Pawcatuck, Connecticut. Three large salt ponds lie along the coast of Westerly which serve as shallow, reef-like pools whose outer walls form the long, white beaches for which the town is renowned. From west to east, these ponds are Maschaug Pond, Winnapaug Pond, and Quonochontaug Pond.
The Westerly area was known for its granite and stone-cutting industry, which quarried a unique stone known as Westerly granite. This pinkish granite is ideal for statuary and has been used in numerous government buildings of several states on the eastern seaboard. 
Sod Prices Westerly RI
Searching for the right landscaping company is easier than you think. You originally came to our website because you had an interest in finding out more about the topic Sod Prices. But now that you are here, you can request your free landscaping estimates now! There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top qualified landscapers servicing your area. Professional lawn care, snow removal and tree service professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Westerly RI landscaping professional at the right price now!
More Landscaped Locations in Rhode Island
Business Results 1 - 10 of 117
Bing: Rhode Island Landscaping Services Search results
RINLA - Rhode Island Nursery & Landscape Association
Rhode Island Nursery & Landscape Association RINLA MEMBERS ARE PROFESSIONALS WHO TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR WORK AND UPHOLD THE HIGHEST INDUSTRY STANDARDS in horticulture, environmental practices, agriculture and the landscape business.
17 Best Landscaping Companies - Providence RI | Landscapers
Hire the Best Landscaping Companies in Providence, RI on HomeAdvisor. We Have 552 Homeowner Reviews of Top Providence Landscaping Companies. Greenskeeper, Inc., A. Muccio Landscaping, Inc., DL Landscaping, A and I, EVD Property Management. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Landscaping Company Rhode Island Southeastern ...
Landscaping Company | Rhode Island Rainone Landscaping is a full service landscaping company serving Rhode Island, Southeastern Massachusetts, Eastern Connecticut and surrounding areas for over 30 years.
Andrew's Landscaping | Lawn Care & Landscaping in RI
Andrew’s Landscaping offers a full suite of services to keep your yard looking it’s best. We offer one-time seasonal clean ups, to landscape design and fully managed monthly care. Lawn Care & Mowing Services Whether you need a quick trim or are looking to have your lawn expertly maintained on an ongoing basis, we have you covered.
Sitescapes offers a full range of commercial landscaping and residential landscaping services. From design and construction, to enhancements, preservations and maintenance, Sitescapes is your single source landscape service provider. The planning, implementing, and maintaining of your outdoor space involves many elements.
RI Landscaping by Brito Lawn Care Landscaping ...
RI Landscaping is a passion of this company and we pride our selves on the landscaping services we provide. We are a family owned and run business operating for over 15 years in Rhode Island. We have worked in conjunction with contractors and alone to provide lawn maintenance and so much more. We want to be your landscapers.
Rhode Island Landscape Materials - Diversified Services RI
Rhode Island Landscape Materials Established in 1987, Diversified Services is Rhode Island’s number one landscape materials yard. We provide the products and services to fit all of your construction, and landscaping needs.
Landscaping, Lawn Care Service, Cranston, RI
Landscaping Service in Cranston, Rhode Island Landscaping is quite a challenge to many home and business owners. To get a proper design of your lawn, you need experts. Our professional landscapers in Cranston Lawn Care will make your designing and construction work a lot easier and more appealing to people who visit your home.
GreenWave Landscape Design Services | Landscape ...
From excellent workmanship to professional staff and clean efficient equipment, we encourage you to experience the highest level of customer service available to our clients throughout Rhode Island. We emphasize quality from the moment we speak, following through the completion of your landscaping service or landscape design.
landscapers in Rhode Island | Reviews - Yellowbook
Find landscapers in Rhode Island on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more. ... Landscape contractors Grading Services,Driveways Paved,Parking Lots Paved,Stone Bases & Stone Grading,Site Constructions & Prep,Driveway Design,Masonry Work,Tennis / Baske...